We stayed in the cutest little cottage; it was perfect for the weekend.

We all got there around 7 pm on Friday night. Molly, Brooke, and I came from Fayetteville. Katie drove from Atlanta (wow!) and got in with Cathleen at LR. They drove up together to Eureka.
After we all got there, we got dressed up and went to a delicious restaurant called Emilios. It was an Italian place in an old house. Everything was wonderful. I must mention that we all got lost trying to find the restaurant, and they were kind enough to stay open a little later for us...(that's a whole other story in itself :)). 
After dinner we went to a bar called Henri's. It was the perfect place for us. Small and laid-back with a outside deck. Oh yeah, and karaoke! We talked, danced, sang a little Beyonce and Jason Mraz karaoke style, bonded with the locals, and had a great time.



The next morning we went to the Crescent Hotel for lunch. It had been so long since I had been there. What a neat hotel. The view from the top was beautiful.
After lunch we went shopping in Eureka. My favorite store was Vintage Cargo. It had the neatest furniture and decor. Loved it!
We all decided that it would be fun to get a massage so we started looking for a place. We ended up finding one (again, another story in itself!) and made an appointment for 5:30 pm for a hot mineral bath and massage. The bath ended up being a jacuzzi on a back deck, and I have never laughed so hard during that 30 minutes. Cathleen and I were in bathing suits that they had given us (hilarious) and Molly opted to wear her own tshirt and underwear. Katie was the only one who had brought her own suit. After the bath (aka hot tub soak), they took us up to our massage. We thought it was going to be for 30 minutes but it was actually for an hour. (FABULOUS!) I kept thinking that the massage was going to end but it kept going. The massages were the BEST! We all said that it was the best massage we had ever had. Which was so funny after the hilarious hot tub soak. We all left feeling like wonderful, relaxed noodles.
We were going to go back, take showers, and then go out to eat. However, we decided to go on to the restaurant then. I wish I had a picture of what we looked like. My hair was so greasy from the massage oil; my bangs were slicked down to my forehead. But after being in Eureka for a day, we knew that no one would care. So, we headed to a little restaurant with an Indian buffet and live music. Perfect. Dinner was good filled with even better conversation.
We went back to the cottage and talked and went to bed. The next morning we got up, had coffee, and all headed back home. The weekend was the perfect way to celebrate my 31st birthday. As I get older I'm realizing how much my friends truly mean to me and to my life. I've always believed that I would rather focus on a few close friends than try to have many relationships that aren't as fulfilling. This weekend I also realized how getting away for a few days with girlfriends can really recharge me. I came back on Sunday feeling like a better mom and wife with a renewed energy and positivity. I love, love, love my girlfriends, and I am so thankful that each one is in my life. It will be definitely be a weekend that I will always cherish.
1 comment:
I love you too, Pal! I love you even more knowing you will always be older than me :). Cheers, Katie
Post a Comment