Monday, February 09, 2009

Belated Merry Christmas!


















We had a wonderful Christmas this year in Fayetteville. On Christmas Eve we went to the candlelight service at church with Molly and Coy. It was a wonderful way to start the evening. Full of music and scripture and the true meaning of the season. Then we went to Matt's Mamo's house for tamales with the Crouch clan. It has been a while since we have been to her home for Christmas eve, and we loved it! All the Crouch kids were there. Betsy and Milan actually flew in late that afternoon. On Christmas morning, Santa came to our house and the kids were, of course, thrilled. The four of us opened presents and had breakfast together. The kids are at such a fun age and watching their faces made Christmas that much more special. Then we headed over to Matt's parents' for more food and togetherness. The kids were loving all the presents and time with family. Then that afternoon we went back home and my parents drove up from Wynne. Molly and Coy came over and we had the Puryear Christmas! We cooked cheeseburgers and made homemade onion rings and fries. It was so yummy.

I know I say this a lot, but we are TRULY BLESSED to have such wonderful and close families. We are so thankful for these precious memories and fun times together. Experiencing our families' love and friendship is one of the ways I experience Christ. I could definitely see HIM through all of their faces and warmth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julie, I was sorry to hear the news about Babe. She was precious and was always so sweet to Jennifer and I. I want you to know that your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
Love you,
K