Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sanibel Island Vacation 2009

During the third week of January we went on our annual trip to Sanibel Island, FL, with the Puryear/McCutchen family. This year the trip was bittersweet because Matt had to stay in Fayetteville to work. We missed him a lot! However, we had a wonderful time with family and friends. The kids were SO EXCITED. The day we left Fayetteville, Annie woke me up at 5 am fully dressed wearing her backpack. She said, "Mommy, get up! It is time to go to Florida!". It was priceless. I did pretty well on the flights by myself. The kids were great. George got restless towards the end of the second flight, but that was to be expected. We stayed in a condo again this year with my grandparents Neanie and Papaul. I love spending the quality time with them as did the kids. One morning, George and Annie decided to join Neanie during her daily "exercises". It was so darn funny. The weather was nice except for a few days, and we were able to get some good beach days in. The kids got to ride bikes this year and really enjoyed it. I remember riding bikes in Sanibel when I was their age, so it was special to share that activity with them. Coy and George really bonded this trip, and it was so much fun to see them interacting together. I think George was really missing Matt, and I was so thankful for Coy's support and help with him. Overall, it was a wonderful trip, as usual, and we can't wait to go back-- hopefully with Matt next time!


George and Coy building a sand castle.


Our condo.


The guys!


Me and Molls


Beach buds

Big sunglasses and buns!


Big boy!


Doing exercises with Neanie


4 generations!

No comments: