Tuesday, September 09, 2008

The family that hikes together, stays together...













On Labor Day, we decided to go on a hike near Fayetteville. We went on the "Artist Point" trail off of US 71 in Mountainburg. I remember driving to Fayetteville this way until the new highway was built when I was in college. The curvy highway brings back so many memories of driving to the Razorback games with my family. The views are amazing! The trail is behind a little family-run store that sits on the most scenic view of the highway. The kids loved hiking and were thrilled to see so many daddy long legs. Jim and Cathy (aka. Pops and Grandma) came, too. It was a wonderful way to spend the afternoon together! Thanks for the idea, Pops!


1 comment:

Molly Bittle Puryear said...

I love the hiking pics... the one of George on the rock is hilarious to me! We'll have to try to get in on that next time around.